The American Diabetes Association leads the fight against the deadly consequences of diabetes and fights for those affected by diabetes. We fund research to prevent, cure and manage diabetes. We deliver services to hundreds of communities. We provide objective and credible information. We give voice to those denied their rights because of diabetes. –
Improve Outcomes for People with Diabetes and Prediabetes
• Conduct outcomes research to improve programs and increase impact in mission areas that are critical to achieving success in the strategic plan including diabetes awareness, care, prevention, research, and advocacy.
• As part of an aggressive focus on reducing health disparities, rollout a replicable and measurable outreach program targeting high-risk populations in areas most in need of services.
• Develop and execute strategies for improving clinical practice to improve outcomes for people with diabetes and pre-diabetes.
• Focus on increasing access to quality diabetes care and primary prevention through the implementation of health care reform, continuing education on state Health Insurance Marketplaces and other new health care protections and advocacy for primary prevention services.
Expand the Field of Diabetes Research
• Expand and advance the field of diabetes research through supporting the highest quality, most impactful investigator-initiated science across the spectrum of diabetes research and promoting the training and development of early career researchers in diabetes.
• Foster novel, innovative and transformational approaches to diabetes research through enhancement and expansion of the Pathway to Stop Diabetes program.
• Assertively advocate to protect diabetes research and programs funded by government.
Give Voice to those Denied Their Rights Because of Diabetes
• Aggressively expand the Association’s ability to combat discrimination against children and adults
Get more information at: http://www.diabetes.org