By Anwar Aikens
We all know success is a mindset. A poor perspective leads to poor results. A positive attitude leads to success. While it’s easy to say, sometimes it’s harder to live because life happens. And it doesn’t always happen the way we want. Your experience, education, and skills can matter a lot; your Mindset can make all the difference. Thankfully, anyone can develop a Success Mindset.
Here are 10 things anyone can do to improve their Mindset.
1. Be Grateful. Show gratitude for what you have and have already accomplished. Be happy for the success of others. If you can’t feel happy for others when they are successful, your own success will be limited.
2. Take Calculated Risks. Successful people are masters at evaluating risk and reward. Unsuccessful people live in fear of uncertainty and refuse to take any risks at all. You can’t score if you don’t shoot.
3. Guard Your Health. Focus on emotional and physical health. Sacrificing your health for success isn’t true success. The bible asks us, what shall it profit a man to fain the whole world but lose his soul (health)? Know your priorities before chasing success.
4. Be In Abundance. Trust that there is enough to go around. Then, you won’t compete with others. You’ll only need to compete with yourself. Run your race, not someone else’s.
5. Know It’s OK To Fail. Keep mistakes and failures in the proper perspective. Failure is guaranteed to happen more often than not. Learn from your mistakes and failures and try again. Remember, you don’t lose when you fail; you lose when you quit.
6. Keep Growing. Growth is never easy. Placing a priority on your personal development is a necessary part of success. You can’t achieve anything new without growing in some way. It might be your skills, attitude, discipline, or courage that you need to succeed. Each of us has something that needs to grow if we’re going to be better.
7. Get comfortable, Being Uncomfortable. Success doesn’t live in our comfort zones. If it did, we would all be successful. There will be discomfort as you develop yourself, fail, and make mistakes. Even success can be uncomfortable. How uncomfortable are you willing to be to become successful?
◦ The willingness to be uncomfortable is the limiting success factor for most people.
8. Stay Positive. A big dream takes even bigger work. Give yourself and your abilities the benefit of the doubt. Enough naysayers are waiting for you along to road to success, don’t become a victim of your own negative self-talk.
9. Have A Plan. It doesn’t even have to be great. You can improve on it as you go along. Success for each person is a precise goal. Don’t rely on luck. Without a destination, you’re just a ship minus a sail. You’ll waste time, energy, and resources.
10. Get A Mentor. Someone that has achieved the success you desire knows where your head needs to be. They can help you stay on task and eliminate noise and distractions.
Remember, RESULTS DON’T LIE. Think about your current Mindset and compare that to the results you’re currently experiencing in your life. Can you see the connection?
If you feel that you have the skills you need to be successful but still come up short, it might be time to consider your Mindset. All of us can choose our Mindset. There are no prerequisites for having a great mindset. It’s a choice.