By Anwar Aiken
There are so many reasons why it’s essential to have a purpose. However, most people have never identified what their purpose is. It can be challenging to establish your goals if you seem to spend all of your energy just surviving your day-to-day life. However, knowing your purpose can make life’s decisions a lot easier!
Consider these reasons why you might want to discover your purpose:
1. Decision Making: Whether your goal is to finish school, start a business, or climb a mountain, knowing what you want makes identifying the right decision much more straightforward. Knowing your purpose provides a foundation for making the right decisions. When your purpose is clear, decision-making becomes easier. Either the decision is in line with your goal and moves you forward, or it doesn’t. It’s that simple
2. It’s Aids Persistence: Uncommitted people quit. Life has a way of testing us to see if we want what we say we want. It places in our path obstacles, adversity, challenges, and distractions. Life has a way of making success seem impossible, and quitting your best option. Find and hold on to your purpose with every fiber of your being. Because if you lose your WHY, YOU’LL LOSE YOUR WAY!
3. Life is short: Enough said!
4. You Gain Clarity: Knowing what’s not essential is just as important as knowing what is. Just because something isn’t wrong doesn’t make it right for you. Distractions are everywhere. They’re like infomercials. Yeah, they look good, but you don’t need them. We have to stop MAJORING in minor things. Learn to keep the main thing, the main thing.
5. It Makes You Interesting: People with purpose give off different energy. It’s attractive. Their life has meaning because they’re clear on who they are and what they’re trying to accomplish. They inspire us to be a little bit better than the day before. God created each of us for A PURPOSE. Think of all your interests and which ones genuinely speak to your heart. Your purpose is somewhere in there, waiting for you to find it and walk in it.
Anwar Aiken is an accomplished Military Officer, Transportation Professional with over 15 years of senior-level management experience. He is the Founder of LEAD YOUniversity and an Executive Director w/ The John Maxwell Team. He has been licensed and trained by John and his team to deliver nothing short of world-class content from the #1 expert on leadership, Dr. John C. Maxwell.Investing in the growth of your business, the strength of your team or your personal development is the key to long-term success.